Reruns could also be distinctive to Gen X.
The perfect exhibits as soon as aired throughout “Sweeps Week” within the Fall and Spring to measure rankings. If you happen to missed a selected episode you’d watch for the reruns airing in the summertime.
This was earlier than VCR and TiVo expertise modified our viewing habits. Now, you’ll be able to document exhibits you may need missed and watch (or stream) them later.
Perhaps it’s the final word signal of high quality to look at a present greater than as soon as given at present’s overwhelming quantity of leisure.
Right here’s my checklist of exhibits I’ve watched once more (and typically once more), minus “The Addams Family,” “The Andy Griffith Show,” “I Love Lucy,” “The Jeffersons,” “Sanford and Son,” “Bewitched,” “Barney Miller,” “Taxi” and all the opposite after-school exhibits from my youth.
The Rerun Kings
- “Altered Carbon” s1 (Netflix) — I’ve watched the primary season no less than six occasions. I watched it twice when it first aired (ensuring to look at every episode twice earlier than shifting on as a way to gradual the expertise down) then the entire thing instantly once more. In order that’s thrice when it dropped after which a couple of occasions once more all over. It’s an ideal present for my interior 14-year-old boy.
- “Rick and Morty” (Cartoon Community) — The animated collection calls for you watch every episode a couple of occasions, so every season I’ve watched no less than twice, possibly thrice. I’ve seen choose episodes three or 4 occasions apiece.
- “The Expanse” (Prime) — I’ve watched this present no less than thrice all over. It’s aged splendidly, even higher than I remembered.
- “Tokyo Vice” (HBO) — I’m at present on my third time via the Michael Mann drama, and I adore it.
- “Hanna” (Prime) — I’ve seen each the collection and the movie that impressed it, a couple of occasions as properly.
- “The Girlfriend Experience” s3 (Starz)— Season 3, starring Julia Goldani Telles, is incredible.
- “Teenage Bounty Hunters” (Netflix) — It’s so rattling humorous I’ve watched it no less than two or thrice all over.
- “Brand New Cherry Flavor” (Netflix) — I’ve watched it twice and second time was even higher than the primary.
- “Midnight Mass” (Netflix) — Similar, see above.
- “Bored to Death” (HBO) — I’ve watched this twice, possibly thrice to this point. “Cheers” alum Ted Danson is so frickin’ humorous.
- “The Leftovers” (HBO) — It’s actually exhausting to look at a meditation on sudden loss and September 11, however it’s so good I’ve seen it twice.
- “The Girlfriend Experience” s1 (Starz) — It’s a horny, bizarre, vibe-filled present that calls for a second viewing, which is what I did.
- “The Alienist” (FX) — Season one has some incredible moments and to be in New York Metropolis circa the late Eighteen Eighties is enjoyable.
- “Babylon Berlin” (Netflix) — It’s the one present with subtitles I’ve watched twice.
Oddly, nice exhibits like Netflix’s “Stranger Things” and HBO’s “Succession” I’ve solely watched as soon as. Perhaps some exhibits, as soon as the “surprise” is gone, lose their worth?
Arduous to say. What about you?
Any exhibits you’ve watched greater than as soon as? And why?